Saturday, November 24, 2007

Otto

Last night I ventured into the city, NYC, for dinner. I went to one of my favorite restauraunts, Otto. Erin and I love the place. It is on the corner of 5th and 8th St., just a block from where we lived 2 summers ago. It is a Mario Batali restauraunt, whom I think is the best chef on Food TV! Anyway, the bar area is set up sort of like an Italian train station where you have a lot of long high tables where you can order drinks and appatizers while you wait but they dont have stools. Instead of taking your name they give you a train ticket adn have to look at the sign for your name. The sign is one that you would seen in a european train station.
For NYC it is a fairly inexpensive place to eat. We usaully have wine, salad, maybe a pizza and a mai dish. Last night I had a glass of Giondas "vieilles vignes' 2004, well maybe 2, and a MARGHERITA pizza. It was fantastic. Here is a link to the menu.



If you are ever in NYC you should make a trip to eat here. It's abouot a block and a half off of the ACor E trains at 4th st.

No comments:

Post a Comment